Monday 4 January 2016

New Year 2016 ... always an opportunity to embrace change ...

Well, it's a new year and a new opportunity to move forward in the right direction. I'm hoping that 2016 will be a year of eating healthy, exercising more and finding fulfillment in knowing that I'm okay with who I am despite the fact that I will continue to work at managing this weight issue continuously. I'm on a long journey to freedom from judgment, self-criticism and loathing ... to acceptance and commitment to achieve the goals I set and maintain a healthy, happy outlook on my life and on food in general. Food is not the enemy here ... I am ... I'm my own worst enemy and I've realised more than ever, this battle is not about will-power, but more about self-control. If I have the strength to exercise, motivate and rely on my own self-control mechanisms, I believe I will be able to move in the right direction and be the person I want to be and do the things I want to do and look the way I feel comfortable to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment